Why You Need Porcelain Veneers in Webster
If you’re feeling unhappy with the current appearance of your teeth, porcelain veneers might be the perfect solution for solving those smile insecurities! This is because the ultimate goal of porcelain veneers is to offer a brighter and healthier looking mouth for clients. Empire Dental Care can help you if you’re looking for a dentist for porcelain veneers in Webster. Learn more about porcelain veneers here:
Porcelain Veneers Defined
In short, porcelain veneers are very thin, porcelain shells that mimic the appearance of natural teeth. Rather than filing down your entire tooth to place a crown, porcelain veneers are strategically positioned on the front face of your teeth through a bonding process.  They can also be filed, shaped, and colored to fit your unique mouth shape and other teeth.
How Can Porcelain Veneers in Webster Help Patients?
Porcelain veneers are used to boost the appearance of teeth and hide a multitude of dental concerns with ease. Examples of these cosmetic flaws include :
- Cracked Teeth
- Malaligned Teeth
- Discolored Teeth
- Tooth Gaps
- Decayed or Worn Teeth
- Chipped Teeth
The Porcelain Veneer Procedure: An Overview
Porcelain veneers are a relatively simple and stress-free set of procedures offered at Empire Dental Care. The three main steps involved in gaining a set of beautiful veneers include:
- The Consultation: Dr. Cohen and her staff will outline the procedure and take X-rays to ensure you are in good oral health for veneers.
- The Creation: A mold is taken of your tooth (or teeth) to ensure the proper fitting of the veneers. During this process, Dr. Cohen will minimally reshape your tooth to allow for a perfect fit.
- The Application: Dentists make sure your natural teeth are extremely clean before creating a rough texture upon your teeth. This allows the veneer to be properly cemented and fitted on.
In order for this procedure to be the most successful outcome possible, it is important to abide by the recovery process advised by your dentist. This includes avoiding chewy or hard foods and preventing unnecessary damages by wearing a mouth guard during sports and at night if you grind your teeth. 
Are Porcelain Veneers Right For You?
In general, getting porcelain veneers is dependent on your specific needs and is a decision that should be made in partnership with a trusted dentist. The pros associated with veneers include:
- Great Longevity: Veneers withstand the test of time, and usually can last more than ten years without issues if taken care of properly! 
- Natural Appearance: Expertly placed veneers should mirror the appearance of real teeth.
- Customizable: The number of porcelain veneers that you choose to have is entirely up to you! While some clients opt for veneers covering their entire visible smile, some solely have them for a specific troublesome tooth.
It is important to note that you should thoroughly research veneers before going through with the procedure. Some of the challenges to be mindful of include:
- Cost: Porcelain veneers are more expensive than composite veneers and can cost hundreds of dollars. While the upfront cost is hefty, it can be looked at as an investment, as they are of higher quality with less probability of damages than composite veneer options.
- Permanence: While there are techniques to change the shape of veneers if you’re not happy with the end result, it is impossible to reverse the process entirely and return to your original tooth.
- Not For Everyone: Certain dental conditions aren’t ideal for veneers, including those with gum disease.
Work with Empire Dental Care Today
All in all, porcelain veneers offer immense benefits to clients seeking a better smile. Empire Dental Care is committed to providing quality care for a variety of general and cosmetic dental needs. Contact Empire Dental Care today at 585.671.1650 to learn more about the porcelain veneer procedure from our team of professionals!